Pav Bhaji Recipe
Pav Bhaji Recipe Ingredients
- Vegetables for Bhaji
- 1/4 cup Tuvar dal / Pigeon pea lentils
- 2 medium sized Potatoes, peeled and cut in cubes
- 1 cup Cabbage, Chopped
- 1 cup Cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 cup Carrot, peeled and cut in cubes
- 1/2 cup Green Peas
- 2-3 cups Water
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- For Seasoning
- 2-3 medium sized onions, finely chopped
- 2 medium sized Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 medium size Green Capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2-3 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 3 tablespoon Pav Bhaji masala
- 3-4 tablespoon Coriander leaves, chopped
- 3-4 tablespoon oil
- Water as required
Pav Bhaji Recipe Preparation
Take all the vegetables and tuvar dal in pressure cooker.
Add enough water and salt. Let it whistle for 3 to 4 on low flame.
Once vegetables are cooked well, keep aside for sometime
Then mash it up using spoon or potato masher. So you will get fine and thick puree of vegetables
Now heat a oil in kadai or pan, add chopped onions and fry them for 1-2 minutes.
Once the onions get translucent, then add ginger-garlic paste and fry for few seconds.
Add chopped green capsicum and saute it for 1-2 minutes.
Then add chopped tomatoes and saute them till they become soft.
Now its time to add spices, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and pav bhaji masala.
Stir the spices very well with the rest of the mixture.
Then pour the vegetables mixture(puree) into the gravy and mix it well.
Check the consistency of bhaji(gravy) and add some water. Then add salt and chopped coriander leaves.
Our bhaji is almost done!!!. Let it cook for 10 to 12 minutes and serve in bowl.
Take the pav and slit them horizontally. Now add 1 tablespoon of butter in a hot pan and roast both sides of pav.
Serve hot and spicy pav bhaji with onions and lemon.